Whereas . . .
- All students can learn.
- Accountability to promote learning is important.
- Attitudes and expectations of community, parents, and teachers are reflected in students.
- The interaction of home, community, and school is essential to quality education.
- Experience enhances learning.
- Learning is a continuous, life-long process of observation and problem solving.
Therefore, we believe . . .
- Accountability for learning should be shared by home, school, and community.
- All individuals and their cultures should be treated with respect.
- Education should promote creativity, critical thinking, and the enjoyment of learning.
- Education should address basic academic, life, and social skills essential for becoming independent adults.
- Students should be directed and challenged to strive toward their highest potential.
- School and classroom practice should be based on the best current research.